10 Interesting things that ‘CAN NOT’ be done in SQL Server
I was just thinking about few interesting facts about SQL Server properties which are good to be known for a SQL Server DBA.
- You can not add data and log files in master and model database.
- You can not add User Defined File Groups in master, model and tempdb database.
- You can not change the recovery model of tempdb database.
- You can not take transaction log backups of master database even if the recovery model of master database is changed to Full.
- You can not take any backup of tempdb database.
- You can not rename any system database.
- You can not allocate Transaction log files under File Groups
- You can not change the file group of a file once it is set.
- You can not create a new database if model database is in use
- You can not change the owner of master, model, tempdb or distribution database.